Montebello Christian Fellowship is seeking to fill a lead pastor position.
We are a body of believers who are loving, caring and trusting in God's truth and will for our church.
We are growing in the areas of prayer and small group ministry.
The church is located about 15 minutes east of Downtown Los Angeles in a culturally mixed community of about 63,000.
- Practices personal devotion and time alone with God so that ministry flows out of a vital relationship with God.
- Models a passion for Jesus, His church and the advance of the Gospel.
- Has a clear understanding of the Gospel of Christ and how to communicate it.
- Practices moral and financial integrity.
- Exhibits spiritual gifts consistent with a pastoral role and demonstrates evidence of the fruit of the Spirit as described in Galatians 5:22-23.
- Practices and models prayer as a personal and corporate priority.
- Promotes a spirit of peace, cooperation and fellowship in the church by personally demonstrating the same.
- Possesses excellent communication skills that clearly promote understanding for a wide range of people in engaging and positive ways that motivate action.
- Exhibits self-awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of his personality and the role they play in his interaction with others and his leadership style.
- Passes all relevant criminal record background checks.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant education at a theologically sound, evangelical seminary, preferably a Masters of Divinity or related.
- Currently ordained or able to become ordained within two years.
- Experience in preaching, teaching and individual counseling in a pastoral role.
- At least 2 years of experience in a pastor role preferred.
- PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preaching weekly sermons after spending sufficient time in preparation that includes prayer for God’s leading, diligent study and the use of his professional skills to the best of his abilities.
- Providing coaching as needed to anyone involved with the Sunday teaching team, staff and small group leaders on the preparation and presentation of teaching that is biblically sound and relevant.
- Communicating and collaborating in the preparation of Sunday worship services with the leader in charge of worship and the worship team leaders.
- Is able to build, develop and lead a staff team.
- Identifying and coaching emerging leaders.
- Seeking to facilitate alignment between various ministries of the church.
- Counseling individuals or couples seeking counsel as needed.
- Officiating at weddings or funerals as requested or as needed.
- Adheres to the Montebello Christian Fellowship Statement of Faith.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Participates as a member of the Deacon Board and is accountable to the Deacons.
- Works closely and cooperatively with the Deacon Board to provide direction to the church regarding vision, mission, and values.
- Works closely and cooperatively with the staff team to implement operationally the vision and mission of the church
- Works with and coaches’ ministry leaders.